Friday, April 19, 2013

DAY 4: Water Challenge Update

"A lake is the landscape's most beautiful and expressive feature. It is earth's eye; looking into which the beholder measures the depth of his own nature." -HDT

So today is day four of the 5 Day Water Challenge...and it's going quite well! Neither of us feel all that displaced by the lack of running water. That word has a whole new meaning for me. See, I was walking into this feeling like we were going without water, when in reality, it was just the running  that we were leaving behind. Water is water = our new credo.

Wendy-Bunnns :)
We have learned some very valuable things which have caused us to make another, somewhat big change to our plans. We decided not to have the water tank in the attic that feeds down to the sink. The spigot doesn't yield much flow, and perhaps the only cumbersome part of this process was sitting there and filling up a pot with a trickle. So through a combination of this revelation and an article from Laura M LaVoie of 120squarefeet.com - we have opted to go with a large stainless steel water dispenser that will sit on the counter over the sink (or mount on the wall) and provide water directly from a spigot.  
Dan's great idea! This filled them way faster!
Curious Bun-Buns


I've had curious readers ask me various questions like...  "How?!"
"What about showers?"
"How hard is it to do the dishes?"
"What about hot water?"

I'll answer a few and then leave you with our first video (below) where I give you a quick tour and tell you about how we've made it happen.

To the first question- see video.
The second- we use a camp shower and I have gone to the gym to shower as well. (after a camp shower, the gym shower felt like it was going to blast my freckles off)
The third- not all that bad. Across the board, most tasks just require a little more...strategy. But I was amazed at how little water I could use and still have clean dishes.
The fourth- again, see video. :)

Aren't I the cutest? tehehe



Thank you readers!!









 
Want to get emails each time there's a post? Subscribe Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment